Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm Becoming a Misanthrope...

And I really don't like it. I've also found that it is very hard to will myself out of a bad mood, regardless of everything I've tried (relaxing, listening to happy music, internet window shopping, etc.). Besides the general insanity of working during summer term at the university (in which they try to cover an entire semester's worth of material and experiences in a few short weeks), other seemingly trivial occurrences are putting me in an extremely bad mood and are causing me to wonder if people are evil. From the fact that no one would even offer a man with crutches a seat on the "T" today to the general existence of Tila Tequila, I'm starting to doubt the idea that people are inherently good and kind.

I hope that this intense dislike (borderline hatred) of mankind is temporary. This much anger and disgust cannot be healthy.

0 comments: