Between my Nook and a Barnes and Noble gift card (thanks, Visa points!), I'm up to my eyebrows in books. Here's a list of what I've been reading, what I'm currently reading, and what's coming up on my reading horizon. If there's an asterisk (*) by the book title, that means that I'm thinking about doing a book review on it. If you see a book that you really want reviewed, please feel free to leave a note for me in the comments!
Books I Have Recently Finished:
- Turkish Delights and Treasure Hunts: Delightful Treats and Games from Classic Children's Books* by Jane Bocket
- Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey
- Kiss & Tell: A Romantic Resume Ages 0 to 22 by Marinaomi
- Dante's Divine Comedy: A Graphic Adaptation by Seymour Chwast
- More Show Me How* by Lauren Smith, Derek Fagerstrom, and The Show Me Team
Books I am Currently Reading:
- The Story of Charlotte's Web: E. B. White's Eccentric Life in Nature and the Birth of an American Classic* by Michael Sims - This book will definitely be reviewed because I got it through LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program
- In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite by Melissa Clark
Books to Read:
- Something's Coming, Something Good: West Side Story and the American Imagination by Misha Berson
- Twenty-Five Books That Shaped America: How White Whales, Green Lights, and Restless Spirits Forged Our National Identity by Thomas C. Foster
- Off with Their Heads! Fairy Tales and the Culture of Childhood by Maria Tatar
In light of what I am also doing (working at my off-campus job, analyzing data, preparing for the class I am teaching this fall) this list is a little intimidating. However, I'm hoping to celebrate the July 4th weekend with lots of reading (and possibly a four-day weekend), so I should get through a big chunk of reading during that period. Wish me luck!