Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Thoughts on Evernote, Part I

So I've been using Evernote for almost two weeks, and I wanted to give an update on it. So far, it seems like a good tool, but I haven't found it particularly useful. I have a grand total of 7 notes on it (mostly web clippings), and I did download the desktop icon so I can use it without being online. One helpful feature that it has is that it enables you to encrypt your information. For instance, if you have something that you want to keep private (such as a credit card number or password), you can encrypt the text that you want to keep private using Evernote through the desktop (you may also be able to do this through your iPhone). When you want to see the information, you click on the hidden info and type in the password you assigned it.

Beyond that neat little trick, I haven't found Evernote all that helpful. I would probably get more out of it if I took my computer everywhere with me (not going to happen) or had an iPhone or other smart phone that allowed me to use Evernote on the go (not happening anytime soon). Nevertheless, I think I will continue to persevere in using the program. Stay tuned for more updates and thoughts in later blogs.

ETA: I posted a few more thoughts on Evernote. Click here to read them!

1 comments:

Pelotonics, Inc. said...

If you have any Project Management needs, Evernote starts to become very powerful when used with Pelotonics:

http://www.pelotonics.com/evernote_usecases.html

@troymalone