- The unexpected and very sad death of a friend, mentor, and boss at the university. Besides the sadness that comes with such a loss, this also led to me picking up an unanticipated class for the rest of the fall semester.
- My continued work on the seemingly unending dissertation (which I finally defended in July)
- An unexpected job interview that led to my new job in the Midwest
- A move to the Midwest for the aforementioned job
- Starting the school year with a new position in a new place
It has been quite a year, and because of the unrelenting school schedule, I don't know how regularly I will be able to post. I've also been toying with the idea of ending this blog and starting up a new one to reflect the insane amount of changes that have happened.
All that said, I still plan on posting and writing. If you have any thoughts or want to weigh in on whether I should get a new blog, please feel free to comment!