Thursday, April 10, 2008

LibraryThing: My Newest Web Obsession

Lately, because of school and the upcoming dissertation, I've been acquiring books at an alarming rate. Since I have books all over my apartment, I have been trying to figure out a way of categorize them so that I can find the ones I need when I need them. As I was online this evening, I stumbled across a link to LibraryThing, a (sort of) free site that lets you create a profile, enter books, and categorize them using tags. It allows you to enter up to 200 books for free, and then, for a fairly reasonable price ($10 per year or $25 for a lifetime membership). Although this is not going to be particularly quick (due to the number of books I have), it is a nice way of being able to organize my books. Best of all, I can make notes and tags, which will help me (in theory) when I'm doing my research. I know that this doesn't really solve my physical organization problem, but it is a start. I also keep telling myself that I will rearrange my bookcases when school gets out, but let's not kid ourselves...

0 comments: